Wondering what exactly happens when you decide to get a dental implant?
It’s really simple. In just 5 quick steps, you’ll be on your way to an amazing, healthy smile:
- Initial Consultation: First you’ll come in to meet the doctor and see our facility. Dr. [last name] will assess your oral health and determine the best implant option for you. As part of our thorough planning, we will arrange for you to get a 3D image and make sure you have enough bone to support an implant.
- Treatment plan: After your consultation, Dr. [last name] will design a treatment plan to lay out the timeline for your new teeth. He will discuss your goals and review your medical history in detail.
- Implant placement: Once you have agreed on the treatment plan and timeline, you’ll come in for the implant placement. Most people agree that this stage is more comfortable than they expected. If you need to have multiple implants placed, this may be done in stages. You may also need a bone graft or to have the tooth extracted before implant placement. We will discuss this in the treatment planning stage, if necessary.
- Follow up: We will regularly follow up with you in the weeks following your implant placement to ensure everything is healing nicely and that you are comfortable. Depending on the type of restoration, we will usually place the final teeth after about 4 months.
- Maintenance appointments: We’ll have you back for periodic checkups, to make sure your investment in your smile is well protected. Regular professional cleanings with our hygienist are also a must.
Have any questions?
You can call us at [phone] or email us at [email] with any questions or to schedule a free consultation.